FitnessWise and The Mind Body Studio at FitnessWise is dedicated to nurturing our clients and students with personal service, small classes, great teachers and transformational experiences. We are equally committed to cultivating green practices – our holistic approach to sustainability and reducing our environmental footprint is fully integrated into all of our practices.
We strive to reduce, reuse and recycle in a chain of sustainable practices...
- We hired Vogan Associates, a Green Advantage certified design-build firm, to build the Mind Body Studio at FitnessWise and renovate the Center.
- We used green principles in designing the Mind Body Studio and renovating the Center, to reuse much of our "old" construction materials in our new construction.
- We optimized our use of natural "daylighting" and fans to reduce the need for electric lighting during the day and wasteful cooling systems.
- We chose more sustainable Brazilian Cherry flooring for the Mind Body Studio.
- We used zero-VOC paint and GreenGuard certified countertops and minimized our use of wall board and ceiling tiles.
- We offer towels made of bamboo fiber, grown without pesticides and insecticides, naturally hypoallergenic, antimicrobial and odor resistant. Bamboo is a sustainable, renewable plant that releases more oxygen into the atmosphere than trees.
- We offer small, laundered cloth for for mat and equipment clean-up, rather than paper towels Laundering cloth is twice as energy-efficient as the harvesting, manufacturing, shipping, stocking and disposal of paper towels.
- We use an Energy Star-qualified washer and dryer.
- We use phosphate-free detergents for laundering cloth and towels.
- We use cleaners made with natural ingredients, including tea tree oil, which is safer than chemicals and naturally antibacterial and anti-fungal.
- We are committed to recycling all paper and all plastics possible. We recycle all paper, and we use recycled plastic cups.
We are proud to have received membership into the Green Yoga Association, which fosters a connection between ecology and yoga.